Thursday, October 16, 2008

What Are You Trying to Minimalize? Here's my List

I've always considered myself to be one of few possessions. I just figured out the reason I didn't think I had much, is because I was storing it all at my parents house! Sheesh....Now I have to figure out how to go from a junkist to a sane minimalist. I do not want to be the person that debates whether toilet paper and spoons are something I REALLY need to survive. Therefore, I decided I would make gradual changes in my life and figure out what I really need.

1. I try to use only 3 squares of toilet paper instead of 7. I only do this because my husband commented on how much toilet paper I use. I guess I'm used to using the one-ply scratchy toilet paper that I grew up with.

2. I stomped on a roach not only once, but twice yesterday. (Of course I screamed the entire time I was stomping) I decided that the world needed to minimalize the number of scary creatures crawling around in it!

3. I've worked on cutting down on the number of diet cokes I consume. I don't really NEED Diet Coke. I just really like it. As most of you know...this has been a 5 year struggle for me!

4. We have about 60 blankets at our house. That would work well if we lived in MN...but we live in muggy VA. So I just threw one away yesterday. It had definitely seen better days.

5. My husband has has Mexican, Chines and everyday dishes. He also has two sets of picnic dishes (along with two picnic baskets) We now have the dishes we chose for our wedding! We have a lot of dishes. I'm trying to decide what to do with them all. I'm thinking we will have a garage sale in the spring.

6. I've also decided to minimalize my time on the internet.....I'll start right after I finish this blog!

No comments: