Monday, October 20, 2008

Minimal Cleaning

Here are a few habits I have gotten into that have made cleaning so much easier! Instead of dreading a long cleaning day every week...I do these things during the week to make my cleaning/laundry day a short one!

1) Use a daily shower cleaner. It does work! It helps prevent mold from growing and soap scum from accumulating. It will definitely make your shower scrubbing much easier.

2) MICROWAVE your SPONGE! (Microwave your wet sponge for 1 minute to kill bacteria) I consider this a must. Using a dirty sponge is just filthy! Microwaving a wet sponge also causes the microwave to steam up. This is a good time to wipe down the appliance quickly and with ease.

3) Use a hamper that separates the darks from lights. This allows for minimal sorting.

4) Wipe the bathroom and kitchen sink with a disinfectant at least one time a day. This keeps crud from building up and keeps the house looking clean.

5) Wipe kitchen floor daily. After I finish the dishes for the night I quickly wipe the tile in my kitchen with a Lysol rag. This keeps dirt from building up and makes it easier to keep clean. (I have a small kitchen...so this works well for me)

6) Buy sock locks. These are nifty devices that keep pairs of socks together in the laundry! No more boxes of unmatched socks sitting around and taking up space! Sock locks also reduce sorting time.

Do you have any other ideas that will minimize time spent cleaning?

No comments: