Thursday, October 16, 2008

Saving Money

How are you saving money during this time of "economic hardship?" Here's what my husband and I are doing.

1. Share a car. This can be fun. It can also be time consuming! I don't particularly enjoy sitting in a highschool parking lot waiting for my principal husband to finish his duties...but one car insurance bill is sure great! It also saves money on parking...I can't really pay to park a car that my husband has to drop me off in!

2. Use the dishwasher. My husband asked me the other day why I was using the dishwasher so much. I explained that it actually uses less water, soap and energy than I would if I doused everything in a sink full of soapy water. Plus it cleans WAY better. Don't believe me? Check out this article

3. Buy Scott toilet paper. The thousand sheet roll will never end...even though you'll want it to since it's not the softest toilet paper product out there. It's a lot better then newspaper or the corncobs people used in the days before toilet paper though.

4. Wear your underwear 5 days in a row. Just kidding!! I have heard this suggested though.

5. Take all of your showers at the gym...they can foot the waterbill...right? Okay, so I don't actually do this. I have heard of a guy who did this for a part of his summer.

6. Do you have any more ideas for me?

No comments: