Thursday, October 16, 2008

Pack It Up....Move It Out


Here's a list of things...that I'm sure you all have...but don't necessarily need more than one of. I've been trying to minimalize these items to the bare essentials.

1. Blankets. My husband and I used to have two twin beds in our spare room. We had to give them away because of space issues. I did not think of getting rid of the blankets with the beds though. The linens were taking up tons of space in our already almost non-existent closet space. My mother-in-law suggested giving the linens to her and she would pass them on to charity. Now I have a closet full of storage space...and the knowledge that someone will be warmer this winter because of my donated blankets.

2. T.V's. We have three of them. I personally think that we only need one. I think that I have finally convinced my husband to get rid of the one in the bedroom. Hallelujah....now for the one in the guest bedroom that no one ever uses!

3. Books. I just went through all of my childhood books. I only kept the ones that I absolutely loved as a child. The rest of them I will try selling in a garage sale and if that doesn't work...I'll donate them to a school library.

4. Old cleaning appliances. When I moved into my husbands house...he had a closet full of brooms, dust mops, a generic swiffer that had old floor cleaning product in it and ect. I decided what we would use in the future and got rid of the rest. It is so nice to open the closet door and not have a million things falling everywhere.

5. Frames. We have a MILLION frames. I plan to keep some for the future and sell the unimportant ones at our garage sale. Although frames are great...if you have too many...life can become a bit cluttered.

No comments: