Thursday, October 16, 2008

MinimaLESS of FAT

I was just recently married. My husband and I are truly enjoying our life together. There's just ONE problem. I seem to eat a lot more now that I have someone taking me out and preparing meals for me. Grrr...what to do? I love my husband cooking for me...I dont' like the fact that none of my clothes are fitting well anymore. Here's a few actions I'm going to take to eat less...as well resume my usual weight.

1. I discovered a website that allows you to download notes on your iPOD. This would be fantastic for me. I could iron, clean and do other chores WHILE studying. This means less time sitting, more time studying....and more time to exercise. Click here to learn more.

2. Eat less. I've decided that although my husband is a great cook..I don't have to eat the same portion sizes as he does. This will not only minimize my waistline...it will also reduce our grocery bill.

3. Drink less Diet Coke. I believe I have written about this vice about 50 times. This time...I'm sticking to the plan. I'm ready to rid myself of the bad effects of soda.

4. Eat like it's a special occasion...only on special occasions. It seems that every other day there is a reason to eat an extra cookie, go out to eat or drink a glass of wine. I've decided that all of these special occasions have not only added to my waistline..but have also eaten up a lot of extra cash. Minimalize your "special occasions" or celebrate in some way that does not involve food.

5. Bike to school or work. This not only saves you gas money...it's a good work out too. I used to do this when I went to a large university. It was great! I can't resume this habit anymore though, since i live 20 miles from my school.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

You talk alot about your diet coke addiction on your blogs. So, I am hereby requesting a blog listing all the factual things bad with drinking diet soda. ..Not sure if you take requests or not, but I thought I would try!